Group Product Manager (GPM) is a leadership role which involves directing the product teams responsible for a particular group of products. The role is a fine balance of individual contribution and people management. Some GPMs prefer to lean more towards individual contribution; conducting research, focusing on strategy, and generally being more hands-on with development. Others prefer to have a zoomed-out approach and focus more on managing the teams.
- Develop short & long term sales & marketing strategies
- Manage relationship with other external agencies
- Develop and execute innovative promotional inputs to improve sales and market share as per the brand objectives both through advertising & below-the-line (BTL) activities.
- Monitor/track the monthly performance of brands and budgets; deliver the objectives in terms of Sales, Profit margins and Market Shares.
- Prepare creative/media plan briefs for the brand and co-ordinate & evaluate implementation with the team for brand support.
- Prepare brand Market Research (MR) briefs for Usage & attitude studies/Brand Tracks or other customized research.
- To study CMARC, IQVIA data on monthly basis for the brand & category and present brand strategy in accordance to management.
- Communicate market strategies to field staff and provide them required information.
- Carry out market/field visits to oversee implementation of marketing activities.
- B.Pharma/ B.Sc. / M. Sc. MBA in marketing would be preferred
- Good knowledge of MS Powerpoint / MS excel is essential
- 8 – 10 years of portfolio management and min 5 years of team management experience
- The candidate must be flexible for extensive traveling.